Choosing a Breed

The 10 Most Unusual Dog Breeds

Are you looking for a unique dog with some uncommon features? Well, look no further than this list of the 10 most unusual dog breeds, compiled by WeirdWorm. Some may have a strange appearance while others have a special skill but any of these breeds would make a great pet – and turn a few heads!

Click “next” to see if your favorite unusual dog breed made the list!

Prev1 of 11
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

1. DeannFGans

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:43 pm

my neighbor’s step-sister makes $73 an hour on the laptop . She has been without work for five months but last month her payment was $15623 just working on the laptop for a few hours. try this out …….
    ======= http://www.jobseg.com =========

2. Linda Trunell

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Here is another rare and intriguing dog http://mypositivedogtrainingblog.com/2013/11/21/friday-fact-9/
    the Lundehund (or Norwegian Puffin Dog)with some very odd physical traits!

3. Leslie

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:46 pm

What about the barkless Basenji? Beautiful, sleek and has cat like manners!!! Really cool dogs!!!

4. Jill L Smith

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I have a Pull/Bichon. He is
    adorable. I keep his fur short or else it really mats bad.

5. Laurie Matson

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:52 pm

We have owned 2 Chinese Crested Hairless dogs and truly love the breed!! Our’s have since passed on but I miss them so much!!! In staying with the hairless theme I also would love to have a Xolo sometime in my life!! Currently now we have a Chihuahua, Dachshund and a Yorkie!!!

6. Barbara Dial

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I own five hairless dogs. They are half Chinese Crested and half Chihuahua. They have very amusing personalities and they love to live closely with their owners. Mine eat and sleep with my husband and I. They love riding around the lake in our golf cart. In fact they are more human than any other dog I have ever owned. In fact we refer to them as our kids. They know us as Nana and Papa and respond to us as the great companions that they are.

7. Gene Larson

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:54 pm

These dogs are interesting and to some they will make good pets or working dogs. But, when it comes to being hailed as a Best in Group/Show type situation, there should be some weighting given to both the popularity and the suitability of the breed to put them on par with more recognized breeds. When their popularity and/or usefulness is proven by the numbers, then they should be recognized as contestants in multi breed shows. For any given show year, allow participation from the top XX number of breeds in each group and the X number of fastest growing breeds in each group.